Sunday 18 February 2018

Believe..an evolution.



Yesterday I read a post penned by a lady who is currently fighting her own battle with the grace and dignity of a true warrior. Her words seared into my soul with such ferocity that I awoke this morning with them resonating in my ears and on the tip of my tongue, and as such spurned me into action and I achieved something today that I truly believed I wouldn’t be able to do again.
Now this mountain of mine would seem trivial to some and wouldn’t even feature on others radar. It didn’t on mine in years gone by, before I seem to have misplaced my brave knickers. But to me now it truly seemed a distance dream.
Today I hacked Archie around the village on my own. Without any nerves, trepidation or hesitation. Ok so maybe a little to start. ..but I buried that with a beautiful rendition of twinkle twinkle little star and then gabbled away to my beautiful grey boy, watching his ears twitch back and forth listening to his overly chatty rider and taking everything in his stride. I felt the cool misty morning air on my face, watched clouds of his warm breath billow as he strode along, enjoying the birdsong and intermittent game of ‘Where’s Wally’ as elderly residents pegged their washing or emerged from the light morning mist like extras from Cocoon.. I tuned in to the swing of his hips, the rhythm of his hoof beats and I beamed like a slightly demented version of a Cheshire Cat. Most of all I felt so happy to be alive, in this moment with my very best friend and just being together. It felt right. It felt like home.
So the words that woke something in me were:
“Believe in your horse and your horse will believe in you” (Ray Hunt)
I’ve heard these words many a time. Heck I’ve written about them in blogs before but these words, written by this special person and coming from her perspective of life and horses, shon a completely new meaning on them. I thought I knew what they meant but only now do I truly understand. You are a beautiful person inside and out my friend, much love to you, and thank you for your inspiration xx
Archie was praised as if we had just gone round Burghley and looked rather pleased with himself but humble at the same time, like all good heroes should ðŸ’•
I’m now off to swan about the house grinning and worry the children with my unusual megawatt permasmile.
See you on the flip side xx
#roadtobuck #horsebloggers
Pics courtesy Dana’s Doodles

No comments:

Post a Comment