Monday 3 June 2019

Once, twice, three times a lady..well, maybe not a lady ......





“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
Johnny Cash

….but the hat-trick is on!

The blog has been quiet this past 12 months.  Monumental changes in my personal life have rendered me mute.  I am now happily divorced, not so happily an orphan, and somewhat bionic.  Turns out I was wandering around with all the ingredients to produce a nice case of sudden adult cardiac death.  Luckily, being the stubborn mare I am, I  thwarted all medial reasoning and survived.  However since January I now sport my own pacemaker/defibrillator combo.  It's soooo this season and very snazzy, so one shan't complain.  

You can imagine from the above, my horsemanship has taken a little bit of a back seat.  Surgery, recovery and adjustments in every area of my life meant that I had to hand the reins over to the livery yard in terms of taking care of boy wonder.  They of course have done a marvellous job, and he is now well suited to the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed.  Our bond is still as strong as ever, including him becoming ill on the day of my heart surgery, which is something I just find astounding.

So the Road to Buck 2019 has been pretty off piste.. and somewhat terrifying, but wholly positive.  There was a good chance I wouldn't be here this time (in every sense!) so I am carpe-ing that diem and looking forward to spending 3 days surround by the best people.  

Archie and I will be going with the flow, and I will be looking after myself, and of course my horse.

I almost forgot, I am also now ace reporter ala Bridget Jones style! After a short spell working for a well known UK equestrian title I have taken my roving reporter skills to the fabulous publication that is Western Horse UK and Horsemanship Journal.   There, I find myself being Features Editor and, along with a great team, we are committed to bringing you all a bi-monthly piece of literal horse nirvana in print, and online! Do check us out and if you are a regular blog reader, contact me as I may have a cheeky subscription discount code for you (shhhhh)!  www.westernhorseuk.com

Oh and this Bridget, after moving on from the Daniel Cleavers of the world, may have just found her Mark Darcy.  So along with my equine and canine soulmates, things are looking up!

Come and say hello to the Western Horse UK/Horsemanship Journal team if you are spectating at Aintree, and of course come and say hi to Archie and I! That boy does love his fans!

See you on the Aintree flipside x

Tickets to see Buck are still available at www.totalhorsemanship.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment